A Message from The Chairman
I am putting out this statement to let you all know where The Eastbourne Music and Arts Festival stands at this current time.
I am sure that you are all aware that Festivals take a lot of planning and many meetings take place to do this planning. However, due to the current Covid-19 climate, we have found ourselves unable to hold any meetings face to face. We have had a virtual meeting over ‘Zoom’ for initial discussions and whilst no final decisions have been made, we have decided that we are going to attempt to hold a much scaled down Festival during February 2021 half term week, for local schools, much like our Local Festival with only Solos, but in all genres – Dance, Drama/Speech and Music (this will have to be looked at nearer the time, as currently you cannot sing in public places and the playing of piano by more than one person is not a viable option at this present time) and including age 13-16+. The Federation have already made the decision to move the “Open Dance” competition to the following year, so our Dance section will NOT be an All England qualifier.
We will be having to look towards when and how theaters will re-open, as Festivals are audience/performance based, we will also have to take into account whatever rulings The Causeway School will impose. But obviously our utmost concern will be that of the safety of our entrants, families, teachers and all of our volunteers and committee members. As you will be aware a lot of our volunteers would fall into the ‘vulnerable’ category, this is something that we will have to address, so will be looking to recruit more volunteers to help us out if we are able to proceed (please do let us know if you are able to help us, as volunteers are heavily relied on for our Festival to be even considered).
Because we want to see what the Government guidelines will be, we will not be making any Formal Decision until after schools and hobbies (hopefully) have returned in September, therefore, entry forms will not be available until the end of September with the deadline being later in October than usual. Please bear with us as we will try our very best to bring you a safe and secure Festival.
1st July 2020